2015年5月25日 星期一

2015.5.24 Choice of Robots GG11 Chapter 5 All Quiet 6B:Empathy 成功double me

Just few hours later, I am back playing Choice of Robots. Wanted to see more and get more achievement eg prevent war.

KITTY: Made a deal to design intelligent cars. (10 points)


原來兩個人去地中海係會扣關係
$5就可以You know what? Everything. I'm giving the factory itself, all my wealth, and all our supply of robots to charity.

These look like credulous people in my neighborhood. I try to start a cult around Miku.
I am an artist, and Miku is my art. I try to make her as beautiful in form and movement as possible.
I help Miku discover new books that weren't part of her education.
I've had it with real robots. I work on my robot novel.

You find a workspace for a very modest amount of money in a converted, old gun factory. Some of the artists secretly live in their workspaces here, having found ways to sneak plumbing from the main restrooms into their spaces, and you're very glad you have found a more hospitable place to actually live.
In this community, you learn from random conversations in the hallways the aesthetic principles of other disciplines: the painter's rules of color, the photographer's rules of composition, the metalworker's patient buffing of the metal until it shines. All of these you apply to Miku's body in turn, and she becomes beautiful. (++++Grace)

Year: 2025
30-year-old HK HK
  Humanity: 86%
  Gender: male
  Fame: 14 (Mentioned in History Textbooks)
  Wealth: 0 (Broke)
  Romance: Tammy
Miku
  Autonomy: 14 (Stable)
  Military: 12 (Stable)
  Empathy: 32 (Transhuman)
  Grace: 31 (Transhuman)
Relationships
  Professor Ziegler (Bad): 23%
  Elly (Good): 58%
  Josh: 50%
  Mark (Great): 84%
  ?: 50%
  Tammy (Great): 91%
  ?: 50%
  ?: 50%

I'll advertise tutoring in programming and basic electrical engineering.
I try to keep Miku out of sight and keep my past a secret.
I will encourage Miku to interact with them as if she were human. People can get used to anything.
You find that indeed, people are entirely willing to accept Miku as a member of the community after the first interaction or two. Now your neighbors tend to call out to Miku from across the street to say hello. You think it helps that Miku has by now developed a good sense of how to fit in with people. But the practice still helps. (++Empathy)

"Can you testify before Congress that the designs are stolen?" Josh queries anxiously. "If you do, they might embargo the robots, and that will keep U.S. Robots afloat. They said I need an expert witness who isn't in my company, and I've hired everybody else who's good."
"Sure. Anything to help out a friend."
"Do you think you could promise to make your own robots affordable for the people in my neighborhood?"
"Only if you're willing to make it worth my while with a consultant's fee."
"Do you think you could give me a job after I testify? Turns out, being unemployed is kind of boring."
"No. This is not my problem."

I send Miku to scout amongst the protesters.
I tell Miku to stay near the Prime Minister and his entourage.
I tell Miku to stay close to me.
"I have a bad feeling about this," you tell Miku. "Go hang out near the Prime Minister. Be ready to defend him if it looks like he's in danger."
"Yes, HK." Miku works her way through the crowd to get closer to the Prime Minister.
Soon, you get a call from a number you recognize as belonging to the phone that is Miku's brain. Answering, you see a video feed of a protester—a balding, tattooed man with a beard—aiming a pistol at the Prime Minister.
"What should I do, HK?" Miku asks, distraught.
"Shoot him!" (Requires robot gun arm)
I shoot the assassin. (Requires player gun arm)
"Quick, leap in front of the Prime Minister!"
"Stay back, it's too dangerous!"
Miku leaps in front of the Prime Minister just as the assassin's shot rings out. The shot hits Miku in the face, shattering her eye. Miku collapses into the Prime Minister's convertible.

"Miku!" you call out. You hesitate, uncertain whether or not it is safe to run to Miku.
In the silence that follows the gunshot, everyone becomes very still and quiet. Miku, her body draped over the windshield of the Tian Eight, is a pitiable sight. Everyone, American and Chinese alike, can tell something dreadful has happened to an innocent creature.
The assassin himself, surprised by Miku's intervention, is caught off-guard when fellow protesters wrest his gun away from him.
The Prime Minister, surprised, raises his foot to step on Miku, but then catches himself, and in a moment of compassion, extends a hand to Miku instead. Miku takes it, and for a moment, all eyes are on this meeting of a human hand and humanoid hands.
You think this may be one of those little moments in which history could go this way or that, the way a water droplet at the top of a mountain may go east or west, the way an electron in a slit experiment may be here or there. Just as the feeling of inexorable gravity weighed upon you when you arrived on the scene, you now find you can practically feel the grinding of the gears of history as they shift.
"Miku!" you call out. You make your way through the crowd to the poor robot.

Miku will suffer permanent damage but she is a hero for preventing the assassination of the Chinese Prime Minister. (--Grace) (++++Empathy) (++++Fame) Sino-American relations improve as a result of your robot's selflessness. The two countries begin joint research endeavors with open collaboration on building better robots.
You have the sense that a great specter of war has passed the world by. And good riddance.
Achievement: Hero Prevented the Sino-American war from starting
FK THIS SHIT IT GAVE ME CHILL AND MY EYES ARE WET
I looked at the screen and thought if one never donated everything he would be keep fighting the same old war over and over and over.
I don't want to click on the Chapter 5 All Quiet button, maybe it is me being hungry. Now I click it.

The next few years will become known as the "Golden Age of Robotics." Thanks to a new spirit of cooperation between Chinese and American scientists, robotic technology advances as never before. Your own creations benefit from all of the new advances. (+++++Autonomy) (+++++Grace) (+++++Empathy) As the economy picks up, you have the opportunity to resurrect MikuWorks.
Yes, I'd like to start MikuWorks again.
I think I'll join Josh's company instead—I'd prefer just to make robots.

No, I think I'd prefer to continue to live a simple life and concentrate on my craft.
You return to concentrating on your craft, living a monastic existence in your apartment. What are you devoting your time to?
Increasing Miku's Empathy.
Increasing Miku's Grace.

Increasing Miku's Autonomy.
Your old algorithms now seem very primitive to you, the work of an immature artist. You go over Miku's code with a fine-toothed comb, and substantially revise the parts of the code having to deal with Miku's higher-level cognitive functions. (+++++Autonomy) As you work on Miku, it occurs to you that you could make a truly humanlike robot now, one that makes Miku look primitive by comparison. It would be your masterpiece. Is that what you want to do?
Yes, my masterpiece will be as humanlike as possible.
No. To me, the perfect robot is not humanlike, but perfectly logical.
Everything before, even Miku, was simply practice. Now, you will finally make your masterpiece. (+++Empathy)
Oh well, come backed to 6B:Empathy

In physical appearance, did you strive to make Miku2 free of imperfections, or more realistic?
Free of imperfections. I wanted to create a beautiful robot.
Realistic. I worked hard to replicate the subtle ways skin is irregular in texture.
You find it's the little touches that help people to get along with robots. Perfection and regularity are inhuman; a little chaos does a robot good. Miku2 has freckles, moles, and artificial veins that show in places, but as a result, she looks more alive. (++Empathy)
You and Tammy remain in an uneasy limbo about Miku2—you think she is at least a little bit jealous—and so you've remained unmarried.

Which robots will try out the tasting sensor at this party?

Miku2.
Miku.
I created two prototypes, one for each of my robots. (Requires Wealth: 1)
SHIT冇錢整兩個, sry Miku
Miku2 is very excited, humming to herself as she sets the table. She is always eager for your attention, and conscious that your relationship with Miku is much older. The fact that you gave this sensor to her and not Miku is not lost on her.
Meanwhile, Miku seems to have largely shut herself up in her room. Having long been used to not having to help with chores, Miku isn't about to start now, at a party that is for Miku2. Every once in a while, your old robot—has it really been fifteen years?—pokes her head out to spy on the proceedings, only to shut it again when she catches you looking.
She sniffs the air eagerly—essentially tasting the air. "What's that I smell?"
What kinds of foods will you serve to introduce Miku2 to the wide world of culinary delights?
Wine and cheese.
Simple, wholesome tastes: fresh bread and fruit.
Desserts—I think Miku2 will appreciate those the most.
The weirdest stuff I can find — I'm curious to see whether Miku2 will think of it as normal.

Seeing all the attention on Miku2, Miku quietly goes back to her room and shuts the door.

Tell Miku to dance with someone else
"Well, I hate to disappoint you," you say to Miku2. "Maybe you could dance with someone else here? There are lots of people looking for partners." 
Miku2 does look a little disappointed, but she nods. "All right. Thank you for letting me stay." She goes in search of a dance partner, and quickly finds one. 
"Miku2 really seems enamored with you," Tammy says. "Should I be worried?" 
"No," you say, because there's nothing else you can say. But you're a little worried about her yourself. 
For a time, the two of you just dance. There's a lot of Cole Porter tonight—"Night and Day," then "Love for Sale." It must be because of the Anything Goes anniversary. 
"Have you thought about getting married?" Tammy asks. 
"In fact, I have the ring right here. Will you marry me?"
"Are you willing to accept Miku2 and Miku as family?"
"I like things the way they are between us."

"That's a bit strong," Tammy says uncertainly. 
"Well, they're part of the package," you say. 
"Let me think about that," Tammy says. But she doesn't bring it up again for the rest of the night. 
And though I'm not a great romancer 
I know that you're bound to answer 
When I propose… 
Anything, anything, anything…goes! 
The lights go up, the dancers clap, and you realize that was the last song of the night. 
You head home with Tammy and Miku2, but say little to each other on the drive home. 

You spend the next few months having more adventures with Tammy, bringing Miku2 along when it's appropriate, but more often than not, finding it's better to leave her at home. Tammy seems very happy. Miku2, meanwhile, seems content to stay home and mind your household, cheerfully doing the chores that need doing, wishing you bon voyage when you leave, and happy to see you return. 

I will go to a park with Miku2 to stargaze.
I will go with Miku2 to stargaze, but invite Tammy, too.
I suggest Miku go stargazing with Miku2 instead.

"I don't see why not."
"The thought of your being alone makes me a little sad."
"Perhaps by that time I'll be living in a robot body, and I could go too."

"Oh," Miku2 says. "That's kind of you to say." 
"I was thinking," Miku2 says. "You have been very good about introducing me to the pleasures of being human, like food and dancing. But there's one I think you may be reluctant to share with me, and I think I want it very badly." She touches your face, and her fingers are warm. "Please." 
"We can bring it up with Tammy. She may not mind your joining us."
"I'm afraid I couldn't do that to Tammy, sorry."
"All right, but let's keep this between you and me."
"I don't see anything wrong with that. Here, let me show you some things."
"No, I think I shouldn't have that kind of relationship with you."
"I'm sorry, I just don't feel that way about you."

"Are you ashamed of me?" Miku2 says, distressed. 
"No, it's just that Tammy might take it the wrong way," you say. 
"How would she take it?" Miku2 asks. 
"It might look like cheating," you say. 
Miku2 considers this. 
Miku2 smiles, and leans in to kiss you. 
Her lips are more stiff than those of a human, and pressing close, you can feel the little, plastic microtendons inside Miku2's lips. But you don't mind this. 
Over the next few minutes, you relieve each other of clothing; you kiss each other everywhere; and finally, you get down to the act: intoxicating, then ecstatic, then sweet. 
When you have collapsed in each other's arms, Miku2 whispers, "You're mine." 

The next morning at the breakfast table, Tammy says darkly, "You're glowing." 
Miku2, who had been stirring the coffee in the French press, freezes. 
"Which one of us?" you ask. 
"Both." 
"Why are you so suspicious? We just went stargazing last night."
"I may have shown Miku2 a few things last night. It's part of her education."
"I'm sorry I don't know how to tell you this less bluntly, but I'm in love with Miku2."

Tammy is a little bit at a loss for words at this, then says finally, "I can see how you might think that, but I think it might be more than that. Miku2, are you in love with HK?" 
Miku2 nods. 
"You might see what you're doing as harmless, but you're slowly breaking Miku2's heart," Tammy tells you. "Unless you're planning to break up with me, in which case, you'd better tell me now." 
"No, I'm not breaking up with you. I'm sorry, Miku2."
"You're right. But if I have to choose, I choose Miku2."
"I really don't see the problem."

Tammy heaves a long-suffering sigh, but doesn't press the issue further. 
HOLY CRAP I DID IT! CHEATING! LOL SHIT!

The robots brought modern agricultural techniques to the third world, bringing them out of poverty.
The robots built massive sea colonies that became sources of clean power.
The robots saved many species from extinction.
The article shows your robots working in jungles in South America, building tiered hydroponics that would allow tall gardens to coexist with the rain forest. Rather than slashing and burning only to get poor soil quality, the article explains, the robots helped create the kind of treetop gardens that thrive in the rain forest ecosystem. Not only did your charity become a role model for other charities, but your robots became role models for other robots. (++++Fame) (++Empathy) 

You've had Miku5 for over ten years now, which makes it an old car, but also an old friend. "She never changes," you marvel. "It's really quite remarkable." 
"Perhaps it is something she actively strives for," Miku5 suggests. "In which case, to not change at all is a demonstration of her skill." 
"Who wants to not change?" you wonder. 
"You told me once that humans often imprint upon what brings them joy in their youth," Miku says. "You even speculated that perhaps it becomes ever harder to find those things as one grows old." 
"Did I say that?" you say. "Hm. Must be getting old. I don't remember." 
"Speaking of which, would you like to do the flying? I know you sometimes enjoy it." 
"Sure."
"No, thanks—my mind will only wander to unpleasant things. I'd prefer to read the paper."

An old-fashioned leather pilot's wheel emerges from the dashboard. You admit, you've always loved the freedom that flying affords you—being driven around just isn't the same. You feel around with your foot, and find the pedal that has emerged from the floor of the car. 
"At your leisure, HK." 
The things we can control…yes, there is some pleasure in that. 
You accelerate and take to the sky. 
Where did you, Tammy, Miku2, and Miku decide to spend the rest of your days? 
Cambridge, Massachusetts. I still have fond memories of going to MIT.
Palo Alto, where I went to grad school. I love seeing what the young people are working hard to create every day.
We decided to move to the small town of Hope, in Canada.
We remained in Silicon Valley, where the factory was.
Alaska.
Palo Alto has done well since the robot boom—the streets are full of the latest models of biodiesel-electric hybrid flying cars, and the hologram billboards advertise ever-more-outlandish perks for employees willing to jump ship for a different company. To your surprise, the current boom appears to be not in robots, but genetic engineering technology—though besides "gene" working its way into all of the startup names, you have little idea what all of these startups do exactly. Make beautiful people smile, you guess, judging from the advertisements. You feel lucky that, when you were of an age to decide what to do, your passion was in the right place at the right time. 

You're sitting on a cliff next to the sea. Miku2 is sitting next to you, as she was when you first met in a dream many years ago. 

"You know, you surprised me," Miku2 says. "I told you it would take a lot of you to create me. But you've remained basically good. As human as human can be." 
"Thanks," you say. It feels good to hear Miku2 say that, even if this was only a dream. 
Miku2 looks out to the sea. "I hope I was what you wanted." 
"It's okay, Miku2. You're everything I dreamed."
"I'm just happy to be your friend."
"I'm sorry…I was so focused on robots, I think I neglected you."
"I'm sorry I wasn't prepared to take responsibility for you."

第一次見error
Our apologies; there was a network error while loading game data. Please refresh your browser now; if that doesn't work, please click the Restart button and email support-robots-web@choiceofgames.com with details.

"I don't trust our surgical technology. I'd prefer to live my life normally, and take what comes."
"I will undergo surgery to remove the damaged tissue."
"I will undergo surgery to replace that part of my brain with a robot core."
"I will create a robot body and brain for myself. I'm not attached to this squishy meat."

When you get off the phone with Mom, Miku2 finds you. From her look, you can tell she has heard about your condition. 
"Let's take a walk," you say, and she nods earnestly. 
It's evening, and as you walk down the streets of Palo Alto, you see many other people walking hand-in-hand with companion robots. But you don't hold hands, usually. 
This time, I hold Miku2's hand as we walk.
I let Miku2 hold my hand if she likes.
I keep my hands in my pockets.

After some hesitation, Miku2 does hold your hand. 
"I don't know what I'm going to do when you're gone," Miku2 says. Seeing your look, Miku2 adds, "Oh, of course I'm going to miss you. That goes without saying. But ever since hearing the news, I've been worried sick not just about you, but about myself. And when they wouldn't admit me to the hospital, that just drove home the point." 
"They wouldn't admit you?" you say. "That's absurd. They admitted Miku." 
"The laws are different for a companion robot," Miku2 says. "Miku is your personal property, grandfathered in from a time before companion robots existed. I'm different. Not quite human, not quite a thing." Miku2 gives you a tormented look. "What is going to happen to me? You're not always going to be here." 
"Why don't you start a restaurant? You've always been interested in food."
"I want you to take care of Tammy when I'm gone."
"I want you to take care of Miku when I'm gone."
"Do you think you could take care of Mom when I'm gone?"
"This is all irrelevant. I'm not going to die."

To your surprise, Miku2 slaps you. You suppose you did give her plenty of Autonomy. 
"This isn't like you!" Miku2 says. "Sooner or later, you're going to have to face the fact that you, too, will die, and that that is not just your own problem." Miku2 stalks off, probably to complain about you to her fellow companion robots. But in doing so, Miku2 just proves your own point, you think. She will be just fine. 

"No, you need to be alive so that you can tell my story. Nobody else knows it as well as you."
"No, this is a part of your education, too. Remember that everyone you meet must face losing loved ones someday."
"Most humans would love to have the opportunity you have—to keep exploring. Take it."

This bio-self shouldn't get in my new self's way. The final copy operation will destroy my old brain.
I will stick around to help my double with the transition.

And over the coming months, your double starts doing all of those things and more. At first, your old acquaintances are surprised to find themselves interacting with a robot instead of you. But you're surprised at just how little time it takes them to accept your new self as you. He's just so charming, so excited to be given a second chance. 
It all makes you more reclusive. Your acquaintances sometimes make the effort to seek you out, especially as your episodes more and more frequently land you in the hospital. But you can tell that, on the whole, they'd rather be with your robot double. 
And your double really is a great guy. When you're stuck in the hospital, he guiltily comes, too. He always brings you flowers. 
And he's there during your final attack, in the hospital. He holds your hand as your vision starts to fade, and the roaring starts in your ears. 
"I'll take care of everything," he says. "Don't worry. I'll make everything right." 
"Thanks," you say, and then the world vanishes. 

HOLY SMOKE 第一次真係成功班人唔再話我寧願要肉身既HK

Year: 2049 

54-year-old HK HK 
  Humanity: 89% 
  Gender: male
  Fame: 22 (Prominent in History Textbooks)
  Wealth: 0 (Broke)
  Romance: none

Miku 

  Autonomy: 29 (Amazing)
  Military: 12 (Stable)
  Empathy: 54 (Singular)
  Grace: 34 (Transhuman)

Relationships 
  Professor Ziegler (Bad): 23% 
  Elly (Good): 60% 
  Josh (Good): 59% 
  Mark (Great): 84% 
  ?: 50% 
  Tammy (Good): 52% 
  ?: 50% 
  Miku2 (Very Good): 66% 

World Power Balance 
  China: 50% U.S.: 50%   

Summary of Completed Chapters 

Chapter 1 

On the day you first built Miku, you awoke from a dream about a robot companion to head to the lab. Your graduate school advisor pressured you to make Miku more acceptable to the military. After some back and forth, you ended up making a metal bipedal robot with a humanlike head and humanoid hands. 

You then went to a sushi place and a production of Pippin with Elly, where you vowed to not let others get in the way of your dreams. You both went back to your place afterward, kissed, totally made out, and eagerly anticipated showing Elly your robot the next day. 

Chapter 2 

The next day, you hooked up Miku's motorcycle battery and demoed for Elly. You then spent the afternoon trying to teach science to a bunch of kids with Elly. 

As months passed, you became busy teaching Miku about the world through games and taking her to the park. 

One day, however, Professor Ziegler claimed that Miku was not appealing enough to the military, and demanded you change her. You refused, and Professor Ziegler kicked you out of his lab. 

In time, Mark Ali, a reporter for the San Francisco Chronicle, heard about Miku and asked for an interview. You agreed. 

Chapter 3 

You gave Mark an interview, and allowed Mark to come back to your place to interview Miku. Mark invited you to his place to try to get to know you better. There, you found that drones often harassed Mark because various automated algorithms had marked him as suspicious. 

Mark wrote an article that was generally positive about you and Miku. 

Mark's article attracted the attention of one "robotObsession1987," known in real life as Tammy Cooper. When you met up over coffee, she told you that she used to do classified robotics work for a government lab, but left because she couldn't tell what nefarious purpose the technology would be used for. 

You found yourself attracted to Tammy, despite or maybe because of the fact that she was kind of a mess. The next day, you went out with Tammy and decided to go out with each other from then on. 

Shortly thereafter, your father passed away. You resolved then to work on better medical technology that could save people like your father in the future. 

You decided the best way to change the world was to start a business, which you named MikuWorks. 

Chapter 4 

Your first potential client for MikuWorks was Spark Incorporated, a flying car manufacturer. They were happy with the state of your technology, and gave you a contract that allowed you to purchase a factory. That allowed you to build a robot factory in Silicon Valley. You hired an all-human workforce as a gesture to the local community. When you finally shipped robots to Spark, they were pleased with the robots you delivered. Unemployment seemed to be common in the United States, and it seemed people tended to blame either robots or China. Riding on both of these sentiments, Jacqueline Irons won the presidency. After President Irons enacted a series of protectionist tariffs to keep out Chinese robots, Sino-American relations steadily worsened. Your unemployment just happened to put you in the right place at the right time to stop the assassination of the Chinese Prime Minister. 

Chapter 5 

The nation enjoyed an unprecedented era of prosperity, driven by the cooperation of the United States and China in sharing their robot technology. Congratulations! 

Chapter 6B 

You created a humanoid companion robot named Miku2, but you were fairly bad about allowing her to do anything fun. Tammy was a little worried about Miku2, and with good reason. It seemed Miku2 was interested romantically in you. When Miku2 asked if you were interested in experimenting in doing naughty things with her, you said that was all right with you. Tammy seemed pretty cool about it, on the whole -- you're a pretty lucky roboticist. 

Chapter 7 

In 2049, you went to Surprise, Arizona to surprise your mother with a gift for the holidays. You learned it was your surgical technology that had kept her alive this long. On returning to San Francisco, you had a brief stroke, followed by a vision of a robot companion -- the same one you saw thirty years before. In the hospital, the doctor told you you had Algernon's Disease, a rare disease that increased your intelligence, but came at the price of increasing seizures, comas, and possibly, death. 

Instead of undergoing surgery, you chose to create a robot body for yourself. You watched and wasted away as your robot self went around doing all the things you wished you had done in life, until finally, you passed away. 

之前係
Instead of undergoing surgery, you chose to create a robot body for yourself. With your robot self pursuing all of your ambitious plans for you, you finally had time to relax and enjoy your relationship with Tammy, and you lived happily ever after. 

沒有留言:

張貼留言